Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme Eligibility, Mode of Selection, Renewal of scholarship, Application Procedure, Amount and Duration
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
Post-matric Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
- Students belonging to Muslim/ Christian/Sikh/ Buddhist/ Jain / Parsi are eligible
- Students who have secured 50% and above marks in previous final examination
- The annual income of his/her parents/guardians from all sources not exceeding Rs. 2 Lakhs
- Both Day scholar and hostellers are eligible to apply
Post-matric Scholarship Scheme Mode of Selection
- The fixed number of scholarships for minorities is small and limited. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Post-matric Scholarship Amount and Duration
Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
Admission and tuition fee for classes XI and XII
- Hosteller – Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.
- Day scholar – Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.
Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charges for raw materials, etc.)
- Hosteller – Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.
- Day scholar – Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.
Admission and tuition fee for under-graduate, post graduate.
- Hosteller – Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.
- Day scholar – Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.
Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)
i. Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level.
- Hosteller – Rs.380 p.m
- Day scholar – Rs.230 p.m
ii. Courses other than technical and professional courses at under-graduate and post graduate level
- Hosteller – Rs.570 p.m
- Day scholar – Rs.300 p.m
iii. M. Phil and Ph.D.
(For those researchers who are not awarded any fellowship by university or any other authority)
- Hosteller – Rs.1200 p.m.
- Day scholar – Rs.550 p.m.
* Hostellers include students who are not staying in hostel of the school/institute concerned but are staying as paying guest or in rented accommodation in towns/cities which are not the places where their parents reside.
*Scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period not exceeding 10 months only in an academic year.
Renewal of scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the examination.
The scheme will be announced by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration well in time, through advertisements in the leading language newspapers and local dailies and by using other suitable publicity media.
For online application,
For complete information on Post-matric scholarships for students belonging to the minority communities in India. Click on the link below.
- List of Courses Covered under Post-matric Scholarship Scheme PDF Download
- Format for Utilization Certificate
- Click here to download Official Android Mobile Application of National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
Post-matric Scholarship Scheme Guidelines PDF Download – Click Here
Post-matric Scholarship Scheme FAQ PDF Download – Click Here