Krishi Vigyan Kendra Scheme PDF
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 423
ANSWERED ON: 20.07.2021
Prabhubhai Nagarbhai Vasava
Will the Minister of AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFARE be pleased to state:-
(a) the steps being taken by the Ministry to make Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) more effective in the interest of farmers which were set up at district level to bring necessary reforms in the agriculture sector, dissemination of information of farmers and providing them counselling pertaining to agriculture?
ANSWER: THE MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND FARMERS WELFARE (SHRI NARENDRA SINGH TOMAR)
(a) The following steps have been taken by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research to make Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) more effective in the interest of farmers:
- Technical staff of the KVKs are regularly trained on latest agricultural technologies for upgrading their knowledge and skill.
- Management Development Programme is organized for the newly recruited heads of the KVKs for better management of KVKs.
- KVK Portal has been developed to integrate all the KVKs of the country for online monitoring and management of KVKs and to disseminate useful knowledge and technologies to farmers
- The KVKs are provided with different demonstration units, farm machineries and vehicles.
- As per requirement, large number of KVKs have been strengthened with other infrastructure facilities like, Pulses seed hubs, soil testing kits, micro-irrigation systems, etc. during last five years.
- Collaboration with different Departments have been made for different activities like establishment of District Agro-Met Units in KVKs in convergence with India Meteorological Department; and organization of Frontline Demonstrations on oilseeds and pulses and Skill Development Training Programmes in convergence with Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare.
Source: LOK SABHA
Krishi Vigyan Kendra Online Apply – Click Here